[kdepim-users] kmail does not have a consistent layout

Avinash Thirumalai madgenius at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 07:40:42 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am running KDE4 on opensuse 11.2, and have a problem with the
kmail layout.

I have setup different identities in Kmail to deal with multiple gmail
accounts - so I have a different set of inbox, sent mail and draft
folder for each account.

In the message layout, I have chosen to display the columns -
subject, sender/receiver and date. For one of my email accounts,
kmail does the job perfectly. The inbox foler shows subject, sender
and date, whereas the sent-mail folder shows subject, receiver and
date.

However, this order is not maintained for my other email accounts.
The inbox folders show subject, sender and date(which is correct);
the sent-mail folder shows subject, sender and date - instead of
subject, receiver and date which is what should be displayed.

I have the same column display settings for all the email accounts,
and so it is strange to see this weird behaviour.

Please let me know how to fix this. Thanks