[kdepim-users] /usr/bin/akonadi_maildispatcher_agent and /usr/bin/akonadi_maildir_resource

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Mon Jan 11 18:59:31 GMT 2010

On Sunday 10 January 2010 21:00:58 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday, 2010-01-09, Martin Koller wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > using 4.4 RC1 and running kmail, kaddressbook and korganizer stand-alone, I
> >  also see the following akonadi processes:
> >  /usr/bin/akonadi_maildir_resource --identifier akonadi_maildir_resource_3
> >  /usr/bin/akonadi_maildispatcher_agent --identifier
> >  akonadi_maildispatcher_agent beside some others which are clear to me.
> >
> > Can someone tell me what these 2 are good for ?
> > I did not create them on my own. I even have explicitely removed all
> >  auto-created (converted?) akonadi resources from a first usage of 4.4
> >  beta.
> > Now these 2 are back again.
> >
> > The maildir resource points to /home/koller/.local/share/local-mail (seen
> >  in akonadiconsole) but I'm using kmail since ages in ~/Mail
>
> The maildir one is basically for handling special local folder like outbox,
> sent, draft, etc.
>
> The mail dispatcher is an agent which will handle sending of mails for Akonadi
> based email clients.
>
> They are created by a kind of "first run" checker to ensure the basic mail
> infrastructure is there and has not to be checked and created by each mail
> client.

Thanks for the info.
However: why are they created by KDE 4.4 where kmail is not Akonadi based ?
Is it only for mailody ?
Can this be avoided ? (I don't like to have things running I'll never need)

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin    ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.bibibest.at