[kdepim-users] /usr/bin/akonadi_maildispatcher_agent and /usr/bin/akonadi_maildir_resource

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Jan 10 20:00:58 GMT 2010

On Saturday, 2010-01-09, Martin Koller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> using 4.4 RC1 and running kmail, kaddressbook and korganizer stand-alone, I
>  also see the following akonadi processes:
>  /usr/bin/akonadi_maildir_resource --identifier akonadi_maildir_resource_3
>  /usr/bin/akonadi_maildispatcher_agent --identifier
>  akonadi_maildispatcher_agent beside some others which are clear to me.
>
> Can someone tell me what these 2 are good for ?
> I did not create them on my own. I even have explicitely removed all
>  auto-created (converted?) akonadi resources from a first usage of 4.4
>  beta.
> Now these 2 are back again.
>
> The maildir resource points to /home/koller/.local/share/local-mail (seen
>  in akonadiconsole) but I'm using kmail since ages in ~/Mail

The maildir one is basically for handling special local folder like outbox,
sent, draft, etc.

The mail dispatcher is an agent which will handle sending of mails for Akonadi
based email clients.

They are created by a kind of "first run" checker to ensure the basic mail
infrastructure is there and has not to be checked and created by each mail
client.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring