[kdepim-users] KMail problems

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sat Feb 27 10:42:51 GMT 2010

On Saturday 27 February 2010 04:58:37 John Aldrich wrote:
> I had some problems with KMail this evening when I went to start it back up
> after running it all day from remote. On a whim I killed everything Akonadi
> that was running and then tried starting KMail again. The problems I had
> with KMail starting, but not responding were temporarily resolved. However,
> I got the dreaded "Nepomuk" error again and had to run the fix as describe
> on userbase.kde.org.
>
> I hate to be whiney, but could the developers *please* fix things so that
> they just work??? I've been fighting KMail for several days after upgrading
> to KDE 4.4 and it's highly annoying.

The problem is that you are acting, as you say, 'on a whim', so we have no way
of knowing what your problem was.  Constantly deleting the database - I
presume that's what you mean by saying you followed the userbase instructions
- is not going to cure a problem other than one of a corrupt or malconfigured
database.  You need to do some detective work to find the cause of the problem
and we can't help unless you give us more information.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group