[kdepim-users] KMail problems

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 27 14:24:37 GMT 2010

On Saturday 27 February 2010, Anne Wilson wrote:

> The problem is that you are acting, as you say, 'on a whim', so we have
> no way of knowing what your problem was.  Constantly deleting the
> database - I presume that's what you mean by saying you followed the
> userbase instructions - is not going to cure a problem other than one
> of a corrupt or malconfigured database.  You need to do some detective
> work to find the cause of the problem and we can't help unless you give
> us more information.

I followed the instructions as laid out here:
http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Nepomuk_Indexing_Agents_have_been_Disabled

so yes, I probably did delete the database. But why did KMail lock up on
me? On the assumption that it'll likely happen again, what steps should I
take to troubleshoot *before* I kill off everything Akonadi and delete the
database?