[kdepim-users] Akonadi woes

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Thu Feb 18 13:56:21 GMT 2010

On Thursday 18 February 2010 13:40:35 Guido Pinkernell wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 18. Februar 2010 14:09:01 schrieb Anne Wilson:

> > > "New Group" is greyed out here too, in KDE 4.4 (from 1.1.2 opensuse
> > > Factory). It is also greyed out in the context menu of the kontacts
> > > name list. However, following the instructions above the "New Contact
> > > Group" is not greyed out, but the dropdown list in the settings
> > > dialogue, which apparently should show all address books ("add to"),
> > > is empty.
> > >
> > > I think that causes all settings for a new contact group to disappear,
> > > because there is no address book where they would be saved.
> >
> > What addressbooks do you have set up?  It might help to know how you set
> > them up, too.
>
> Well, I didn't. KDE did. After upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4, before starting
> kontact, some automatic routine ported my one addressbook over to akonadi.
> It took about 2 min, after which kontact started first time.

That sounds like a good migration.  So now we are looking for details.
How is the addressbook named in Contacts?

> If you point me to specific setting informations I can tell you more.

It's not essential, but while we are troubleshooting at least I'd recommend
getting the akonadi tray icon set up.  With or without it, you need akonadi
Configuration.  Take a look at what resources are set up.  One should be
obviously your addressbook - use Modify to see where it is   Post the setting
here.

Hopefully, by then, we'll have some clue as to what went wrong.  It may be
something quite simple.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group