[kdepim-users] Akonadi woes

Guido Pinkernell guido.pinkernell at gmx.de
Thu Feb 18 15:42:54 GMT 2010

Am Donnerstag, 18. Februar 2010 14:56:21 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Thursday 18 February 2010 13:40:35 Guido Pinkernell wrote:

> > > What addressbooks do you have set up?  It might help to know how you
> > > set them up, too.
> >
> > Well, I didn't. KDE did. After upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4, before starting
> > kontact, some automatic routine ported my one addressbook over to
> > akonadi. It took about 2 min, after which kontact started first time.
>
> That sounds like a good migration.  So now we are looking for details.
> How is the addressbook named in Contacts?

Default Address Book. In Kdesettings > Ressources it still points to a vcf
file, which I did not expect. I thought with akonadi the lot would be stored
in some different database.

> > If you point me to specific setting informations I can tell you more.
>
> It's not essential, but while we are troubleshooting at least I'd recommend
> getting the akonadi tray icon set up.

I am still trying to find out how. Actually, I can't find any entry named
"akonadi" or similar in Yast, KDE Settings or Kontact settings. I can
remember, though, that there was one in 4.3s KDE Settings. I have checked the
opensuse factory 4.4 RPMs and can't find a package that contains something
like a akonadi module for KDE settings.

> With or without it, you need akonadi
> Configuration.  Take a look at what resources are set up.  One should be
> obviously your addressbook - use Modify to see where it is   Post the
> setting here.

If the akonadi settings is what I find under KDE Settings resources, then see
above.

Guido