[kdepim-users] akonadi default cache policy?

Heiko Falk Heiko.Falk at tu-dortmund.de
Thu Feb 11 08:08:47 GMT 2010

Am Wednesday 10 February 2010 21:15:45 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> > Do you have some idea about how to achieve that modifications of the
> > local files std.vcf and std.ics are immediately imported into the
> > akonadi cache? I saw that in akonadiconsole, you have the option to
> > configure cache policies per akonadi collection. However, I didn't
> > find any documentation about these switches.
>
> There is no such setting. Akonadi (resp. the corresponding Akonadi
> resources) watch those files for modification and update the cache
> whenever the content of those files has changed. Check whether file
> monitoring is enabled for the corresponding resources. (It's possible
> that this setting is new in KDE SC 4.4.)

That's a pitty. I didn't find any setting concerning file monitoring. Is there
a way to make akonadi synchronize its cache via the command line? Using the
akonadi API, this is possible since e.g. the GUI of akonadiconsole includes
such items. However, periodically issuing an 'akonadictl restart' seems
pretty brute-force to me. So, is there a soft way to make akonadi re-sync
without a GUI?

Best,

  Heiko

Dr. Heiko Falk