[kdepim-users] KMail problems

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sun Feb 28 10:02:22 GMT 2010

On Saturday 27 February 2010 20:04:37 John Aldrich wrote:
> On Saturday 27 February 2010, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > At this point I've no idea.  All you told us was "I had some problems
> > with KMail this evening when I went to start it back up after running
> > it all day from remote."  You didn't tell us what problems, quote any
> > error messages, or give us any other sort of clue.
>
> Ok. Fair enough. The exact problem was as follows: I clicked on "KMail"
> icon in the menu and it came up and asked for my password to open KWallet.
> Then when it came up, it wouldn't let me click on anything. I could see the
> various folders, but could not click on any of them or navigate on any
> menus. NOTHING worked. There were no pop-up error messages or other
> notifications.

So it's likely that it was busy.  The task now is to find out why.  The first
suspect, to me, would be that it was trying to find an Akonadi-enabled
addressbook and failing.  It's even possible that it was waiting for
KAddressBook to complete migration of the addressbook.  Either way, the first
thing I'd check is whether you have a collection of vcards in
~/.local/share/contacts.  If you have, then I'd open up the Akonadi
configuration (get it by typing Akonadi into KRunner) and see what
addressbooks are set up.  You should have one called Personal Contacts which
points to the path mentioned above.

Let us know when you've done that.

Anne
--