[kdepim-users] [Kde-pim] Syncing Maemo PIM apps with KDE PIM 4.3/4.4

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at gmx.de
Fri Feb 5 07:24:23 GMT 2010

On Do, 2010-02-04 at 00:26 +0100, Gunter Ohrner wrote:
> Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > SyncEvolution [1] can sync with the N900 via Bluetooth+SyncML. It's
> > one of the two devices that we have tested with so far. It's not
> > perfect: at least one user had issues with events sent by
> > SyncEvolution not showing up on the device - which looks to me like a
> > problem of the software on the device, but the jury is still out on
> > that one.
>
> I had found information about SyncEvolution before, but the website
> states that it's able to sync only contacts for Maemo devices.

Hmm, I'm trying very careful on syncevolution.org to describe what works
on what platform. It is true that on Maemo, only contacts used to work,
although that has changed recently in Maemo 5. But in the same paragraph
it also describes that all the other PIM data works on other platforms,
like desktop Linux with Evolution. KDE is not mentioned because it is
not stable.

Perhaps I should do it like Conduit and simply claim that SyncEvolution
syncs everything, everywhere :-/

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly
Patrick.Ohly at gmx.de