[kdepim-users] Re: kMail 4.5.80 Problems

ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Dec 6 16:30:58 GMT 2010

On Monday 06 Dec 2010 16:21:54 Mario Fetka wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> i have been using now kMail from the kde sc 4.5.80 for about a week now.
>
> there are some really annoing things about the upcomming kMail Client:
>
> 1. It's horrible slow:
> for ex. i have a imap folder with 2000 mails (gentoo devel mailinglist) it
> takes a very long time befor i even can see the threads and even longer
> befor i can read a selected mail (if ever). This is really frustrating
> (kmail 1 was really fast on the same thing)
>
> 2. i cant create a filter on mailinglist just by rightclick create filter
> by Mailinglist on the mail (its grayed out) it just don't work with
> List-ID even if i write it in manually
>
> 3. if it checks for new mails kMail becomes unusable until i stop the sync
> or wait for it to finish
>
> this are the problems that really bother me
>
> otherwise its a great client
>
> so thx for this great Mail Client
>
> Mario

I also have that problem now and again.  I just stop the nepomuk server,
delete the nopemuk directory in .local and restart the server.  This seems to
make it work at normal speed for a while.

i don't know if that process has any ramifications but i did get that info
either from the net of this forum within the last month.

regards

Ian