[kdepim-users] Re: kMail 4.5.80 Problems

Donald F. Robertson DonaldFR at donaldfrobertson.com
Mon Dec 6 16:59:19 GMT 2010

I have found out that if you have a large number of local folders, that can
also slow things down, especially during start-up.  If you imported all
your old E-mail from another program, I would archive that somewhere and
start from scratch.

-- Donald

On Monday 06 December 2010 08:30:58 ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com wrote:

> On Monday 06 Dec 2010 16:21:54 Mario Fetka wrote:
> > Hallo,
> >
> > i have been using now kMail from the kde sc 4.5.80 for about a week
> > now.
> >
> > there are some really annoing things about the upcomming kMail Client:
> >
> > 1. It's horrible slow:
> > for ex. i have a imap folder with 2000 mails (gentoo devel
> > mailinglist) it takes a very long time befor i even can see the
> > threads and even longer befor i can read a selected mail (if ever).
> > This is really frustrating (kmail 1 was really fast on the same
> > thing)
> >
> > 2. i cant create a filter on mailinglist just by rightclick create
> > filter by Mailinglist on the mail (its grayed out) it just don't work
> > with List-ID even if i write it in manually
> >
> > 3. if it checks for new mails kMail becomes unusable until i stop the
> > sync or wait for it to finish
> >
> > this are the problems that really bother me
> >
> > otherwise its a great client
> >
> > so thx for this great Mail Client
> >
> > Mario
>
> I also have that problem now and again.  I just stop the nepomuk server,
> delete the nopemuk directory in .local and restart the server.  This
> seems to make it work at normal speed for a while.
>
> i don't know if that process has any ramifications but i did get that
> info either from the net of this forum within the last month.
>
> regards
>
> Ian

--------
Donald F. Robertson
San Francisco

DonaldFR at DonaldFRobertson.com
www.DonaldFRobertson.com

The known is finite, the unknown is infinite; intellectually we stand on an
islet in the midst of an illimitable ocean of inexplicability. Our business
in every generation is to reclaim a little more land.

-- Thomas Huxley.