[kdepim-users] KMail - Replying in HTML

John Murphy murphyjj at bigpond.net.au
Wed Aug 4 13:33:02 BST 2010

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:08:48 pm Pablo Sanchez wrote:
>  the above could have been said more
> politely.  Which is what Frank reacted to and when I first read your
> reply, it didn't sit well with me either.
Point taken.
It was meant to convey resignation and some irritation at the lost opportunity for KMail (see my other notes in this thread if interested).
No demand was meant.
And BTW, for other followers of this mostly academic argument, Bug 86423 has 2460 votes and has been going since August 2004.
Doesn't matter though, because to quote Ingo:
>Moreover, it's not
>very likely KMail will ever fully support this as no KMail core
>developer is interested in HTML messages.
So much for voting - it looks like 2460 of us just wasted our time.
As said - I like KMail very much, I'm just sad that its potential will not be fully utilised and it will never gain a wider user base.
That in itself of course, puts it at risk.
Regards,
johnM