[kdepim-users] Imap gets "stuck"

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 18 09:44:47 BST 2010

On Saturday 17 April 2010 22:05:57 John Aldrich wrote:
> > That's odd, because my imap connection checks the server every 5
> > minutes, and it has no problem re-connecting if I reboot the server.
> >

> I don't think it's that the internet connection goes down -- I have a
> router which is supposed to keep my connection "up" all the time. I won't
> swear it's up 100% of the time, but I know I can leave home for work and
> after driving an hour and spending time on other things, I can connect
> back  to my Fedora 11 box at home over SSH and access it with no problems.
> So, if my internet connection goes down it takes longer than about 90
> minutes. Not to mention, during the week, I never shut down my SSH tunnel
> back to my Linux box, so the connection is always "up."
>
> So, long story short, my problem does not seem to be related to the
> internet connection.  My check there was set to check every 30 minutes.
> I've dropped it down to every 5. Maybe that'll be enough. Thanks, Anne.

There is definitely an issue, though I don't think it is a re-connection
issue.  I have seen times when the whole of kontact stops responding to any
keypress at all, after it has been left for some hours.  OTOH, it doesn't
happen every time, which makes it very difficult to pin down.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group