[kdepim-users] Imap gets "stuck"

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 17 22:05:57 BST 2010

On Sat April 17 2010, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > yes this happens here too, IMHO if the internet connection is down
> > > for a while
> >
> > Apparently KMail has a problem to reconnect. It seems it doesn't
> > realize that the connection has been reestablished. :-(
>
> That's odd, because my imap connection checks the server every 5
> minutes, and it has no problem re-connecting if I reboot the server.

I don't think it's that the internet connection goes down -- I have a
router which is supposed to keep my connection "up" all the time. I won't
swear it's up 100% of the time, but I know I can leave home for work and
after driving an hour and spending time on other things, I can connect back
to my Fedora 11 box at home over SSH and access it with no problems. So, if
my internet connection goes down it takes longer than about 90 minutes. Not
to mention, during the week, I never shut down my SSH tunnel back to my
Linux box, so the connection is always "up."

So, long story short, my problem does not seem to be related to the
internet connection.  My check there *was* set to check every 30 minutes.
I've dropped it down to every 5. Maybe that'll be enough. Thanks, Anne.