[kdepim-users] Help with Korganizer settings on EEEPC

Sat Oct 3 06:01:40 BST 2009

On Saturday 03 Oct 2009 9:43:42 am YourFriend Rick wrote:
> Hi.
>
> With an old EEEPC that only has 800x400 resolution, it can be hard to
>  switch the settings for KOrganizer.
>
> The Settings -> Configure KOrganizer menu is easy to get.  The initial
>  window that opens up fits the screen.  However, when I click the "Views"
>  icon, the window gets bigger - I can see "Date Navigator," "Agenda View,"
>  "Month View" choices - but "Month View" is cut off halfway.  If I try
>  right-clicking on the title bar, I can see a few more pixels, but the
>  whole system becomes unusable until I alt-tab out and kill KOrganizer.
>
> The same problem happens if I try to "Configure Kontact" menu.
>
> Any input is appreciated.

That resolution is simply too small for anything useful IMHO. The best i think
you can do is move the window around to access otherwise invisible areas. Note
that with KDE's window manager (kwin), you can hold down the ALT key and move
the window around by dragging with the mouse. You do not necessarily need to
access the title bar to move the window around.

HTH
--
Cheers!
Kishore