[kdepim-users] IMAP broken

Ferdinand Gassauer gassauer at kde.org
Wed Oct 14 22:12:34 BST 2009

On Tuesday 13 October 2009 21:04:49 Art Alexion wrote:
> This machine runs Ubuntu Studio which is Gnome.  I installed kmail and
> everything worked fine.
>
> A couple of weeks ago I installed KDE 4.3 just to test it out.  Since
> then, IMAP on kmail stopped working.  The only other difference is
> that I get an Akondai icon in the sys tray which I didn't have before.
>
> Any ideas what I might have broken?
>
> --
> artAlexion
> sent unsigned from webmail interface

I am using 4.x since it's early days and am now on 4.3.2 on OpenSUSE 11.1
x86_64 and everything works fine - although sometimes - I think if there is a
server timeout - kmail io process hangs (do not know exactly the name but you
can get it with "ps -ef | grep kmail"
so kill kmail and it's associated processes and restart kmail from the command
line to see if some error messages are issued.
--
cu
ferdinand