[kdepim-users] IMAP broken

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Thu Oct 22 16:28:34 BST 2009

On Tuesday 20 October 2009 12:27:33 pm Ingo Klöcker wrote:
>   On Monday 19 October 2009, Art Alexion wrote:

> > The problem started when I installed what I thought to be a "full"
> > kde on this machine.  Before that I was only running the libraries
> > necessary for kmail and k3b and amarok.  Sound on Amarok also seems
> > to be broken now.  Maybe I will remove KDE and reinstall it via the
> > kubuntu-desktop package.
>
> Probably a good idea. Maybe there's a mixup of incompatible libraries.

Fixed.  Apparently, on Ubuntu (gnome), the command,

	sudo aptitude install kde

does not install a working kde.  The command,

	sudo aptitude install kubuntu-desktop

does.  Things work again.

The "kde" package apparently breaks things.  If you just install, kmail or any
other kde app, the dependencies come in fine, but the "kde" package breaks
them.