[kdepim-users] Kontact refuses to re-start

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Mon Nov 30 20:14:54 GMT 2009

On Monday 30 November 2009 17:49:08 Bob Smits wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm running OpenSuse 11.2 64 bit on a Lenovo T61 and using the KDE4
>  desktop.
>
> For the most part, it's working fine. Sound, connecting, even DVDs all work
> OK.
>
> What doesn't work OK is Kontact KDE-PIM. It starts up OK and behaves
>  normally until I shut it down. Then it refuses to re-start - the icon
>  bounces for a while, then goes away, and nothing happens. The only way I
>  can get it to start again is to log off my session and restart it.
>
> I looked for problems reported and note some of it appeared to relate to
> having the kontact item in the tool bar so I removed it from there but left
>  it in it's normal menu position. That doesn't appear to make any
>  difference.
>
> Anyone else have this problem?

Do you use KOrganizer?  We are finding that there is a problem that sounds the
same in Fedora.  For some reason Kontact simply will not start if your
korganizerrc is set to use the monthly view as current.  If that line is
removed Kontact starts normally.  Until this is resolved we have to make sure
that we don't stay in month-view when we shut kontact down.  HTH

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group