[kdepim-users] Kontact refuses to re-start

Bob Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Mon Nov 30 17:49:08 GMT 2009

Hello.

I'm running OpenSuse 11.2 64 bit on a Lenovo T61 and using the KDE4 desktop.

For the most part, it's working fine. Sound, connecting, even DVDs all work
OK.

What doesn't work OK is Kontact KDE-PIM. It starts up OK and behaves normally
until I shut it down. Then it refuses to re-start - the icon bounces for a
while, then goes away, and nothing happens. The only way I can get it to start
again is to log off my session and restart it.

I looked for problems reported and note some of it appeared to relate to
having the kontact item in the tool bar so I removed it from there but left it
in it's normal menu position. That doesn't appear to make any difference.

Anyone else have this problem?

Bob Smits, Ladysmith, BC