[kdepim-users] attachments in KMail

Louis Hinman lou at manhattanhandyman.com
Mon Nov 9 23:40:17 GMT 2009

I am running KMail 1.9.10 in KDE 3.5.10 (both standard in Slackware 12.2).

Although I can open MS Word documents in KWord, I don't seem to be able to
open them as attachments to email in KMail.  (When I right-click on
attachment.doc and Open With...>Office>KWord, KWord opens with a blank page.)

I will upgrade to Slackware 13.0 soon (which will incorporates KDE 4.5.4).  In
the meantime, is the failure to open Word attachments a known bug?  Is there
a work-around?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Louis Hinman
New York City