[kdepim-users] attachments in KMail

Louis Hinman lou at manhattanhandyman.com
Wed Nov 11 18:17:53 GMT 2009

I installed Open Office 3.1, which opens MS Word documents as expected.

However, I get the same problem with trying to open Word documents that are
*attached* to emails.

If I right-click on attachment.doc, and select "Open With...", Open Office
Write is listed under "Known Applications".  However, if I select Open Office
Write it opens a *blank* page.  This is the same behavior I get with KWord!

Am I missing something here?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Lou Hinman
New York City