[kdepim-users] KMail fast searching by local indexing

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Mon Nov 30 11:25:51 GMT 2009

On Monday 30 November 2009 10:59:37 Kārlis Repsons wrote:
> On Sunday 29 November 2009 21:29:13 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, looking forward to that and thanks for doing this! :)
> > > (always I'm wondering - how KDE builders get rewarded or how can they
> > > find all of that time?!)
> >
> > Some of us are lucky enough to be able to work on this during our day
> > job. For the others receiving a nice "Thank you!" message every once in
> > a while from a happy user is reward enough. After all we are doing this
> > because it's fun.
>
> Hmm... Luckily there are people around the planet, who can live like that,
> without them I'd be in an even worse trouble. Maybe you know some place
>  where people discuss about how to reward FOSS developers better?

Some projects gladly accept donations, to help fund their infrastructure.  If
they do, the information will be on the project home pages.  For most
projects, though, the best way to reward FOSS developers is by giving some
time.  Even if your time is limited, whatever skills you have will be put to
good use.

If you are a coder, projects often have 'junior jobs' - by which it is implied
that they are not too demanding either on time or expertise - which would suit
someone with limited time to spare.

If you don't code, help with documentation or translation.  We can put you in
touch with translation teams, if that's your forte.  If you are a native
English speaker, help us update userbase.kde.org.  The more user-centric
information we can carry there, the more useful it is for users, and happy
users are rewarding to developers.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group