[kdepim-users] KMail fast searching by local indexing

Kārlis Repsons repsons at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 11:57:46 GMT 2009

On Monday 30 November 2009 11:25:51 Anne Wilson wrote:
> If you are a coder, projects often have 'junior jobs' - by which it is
>  implied  that they are not too demanding either on time or expertise -
>  which would suit someone with limited time to spare.
>
> If you don't code, help with documentation or translation.  We can put you
>  in  touch with translation teams, if that's your forte.  If you are a
>  native English speaker, help us update userbase.kde.org.  The more
>  user-centric information we can carry there, the more useful it is for
>  users, and happy users are rewarding to developers.
>
> Anne

Well, I've got way too much of those things pending already - staring with
translation of mailman. Yes, work as the main and most important to actually
get whatever useful result. However, this time I was interested in financing
models for FOSS - perhaps you know some good work, which summarises the
current knowledge/experiences. Maybe more can be opensourced by motivating new
people to work on FOSS. For many it doesn't begin or ends soon, if just for
fun... And any project needs its "hard core" of developers, if its to survive.
Well, if you know something or have some comment...