[kdepim-users] [OT] Re: KDE4 / Korganizer

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun May 31 20:47:47 BST 2009

> I don't think it was rude, but it did not sound polite either to my
> ears. Might be the language barrier, i.e. me not being a native
> speaker. I'd probably have written "Please do not send HTML messages to
> the list" instead of "Please refrain from sending HTML messages to the
> list".

As a non-native speaker myself, I could easily have used an aggressive
sentence structure when I meant a pleasing one! I apologize for that.

> Also, even though I really appreciate your initiative, it might be
> better to leave the duty of "list-police" to the list's admin (i.e.
> me).

That sounds very reasonable. I will try to remember that, but I am
subscribed to tens of mailing lists and count on me erring some day!

> In case I miss something (my KMail is configured to ignore the
> HTML, so most of the time I don't notice if a message contains HTML),
> please give me a note.

For lists I use Gmail, which cannot be configured to ignore the HTML.
If it is just HTML I don't care, but when the font is so huge that it
is unreadable (as in this case) or otherwise annoying (colours,
usually) then I speak up.

Sorry for taking responsibility in my own hands on this moderated
list, Ingo. I'll try to be careful in the future. Have a great week!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il