[kdepim-users] [OT] Re: KDE4 / Korganizer

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun May 31 13:35:52 BST 2009

On Friday 29 May 2009, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2009/5/28 Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org>:
> > On Wednesday 27 May 2009, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >> Shawn, off list. I hate to be a jerk or list-police, but could you
> >> please refrain from posting HTML to the list? Thanks!
> >
> > Shawn might not have done so intentionally. Unfortunately, KMail
> > did send messages as HTML even if the user did not request this
> > explicitly. IIRC this has been fixed recently.
> >
> > So the next time someone sends a HTML message to this list just
> > inform him/her politely about this without implying that he/she did
> > so intentionally.
>
> Thanks, Ingo, I did not know about that. Also, I don't think that I
> was rude about it.

I don't think it was rude, but it did not sound polite either to my
ears. Might be the language barrier, i.e. me not being a native
speaker. I'd probably have written "Please do not send HTML messages to
the list" instead of "Please refrain from sending HTML messages to the
list".

Also, even though I really appreciate your initiative, it might be
better to leave the duty of "list-police" to the list's admin (i.e.
me). In case I miss something (my KMail is configured to ignore the
HTML, so most of the time I don't notice if a message contains HTML),
please give me a note.