[kdepim-users] Exporting Birthdays from Kaddressbook resource with konsolekalendar

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun May 17 09:52:31 BST 2009

2009/5/17 Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>:
> On Saturday, 2009-05-16, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> Even when Korganizer is configured to use the Kaddressbook resource,
>> konsolekalendar does not export those birthdays. There does not seem
>> to me to be any way to select which resources konsolekalendar uses
>> (there is no manpage for the app) so in my opinion it would make the
>> most sense to use the resources that Korganizer uses.
>>
>> Is there a way to include the Kaddressbook resource? What solutions do I
>> have?
>
> You can use the --allow-gui option.
> Normally konsolekalendar only accesses file resource because it knows those
> won't trigger any GUI under any circumstances.
> Others might not but there is no guarantee, so konsolekalendar ignores them
> unless the above mentioned option allows them.

Thank you very much, Kevin. I am at the university right now so I
cannot check, and when I get home it will be for 4 hours of sleep so
I'd like to avoid experimentation if possible. What would be the
consequence of using the --allow-gui when Kontact is open? Might I
corrupt something? In other words, why is this an option and not the
default, might it have dire consequences that the user should know of
beforehand?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com