[kdepim-users] Exporting Birthdays from Kaddressbook resource with konsolekalendar

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun May 17 09:15:59 BST 2009

On Saturday, 2009-05-16, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Even when Korganizer is configured to use the Kaddressbook resource,
> konsolekalendar does not export those birthdays. There does not seem
> to me to be any way to select which resources konsolekalendar uses
> (there is no manpage for the app) so in my opinion it would make the
> most sense to use the resources that Korganizer uses.
>
> Is there a way to include the Kaddressbook resource? What solutions do I
> have?

You can use the --allow-gui option.
Normally konsolekalendar only accesses file resource because it knows those
won't trigger any GUI under any circumstances.
Others might not but there is no guarantee, so konsolekalendar ignores them
unless the above mentioned option allows them.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring