[kdepim-users] KDE4 / Korganizer

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed May 27 22:15:08 BST 2009

On Wednesday 27 May 2009 19:49:50 Georg wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 May 2009 20:29:02 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > Since I switched to to KDE 4.2.2, the korganizer is not working in a
> > > correct way.
> > >
> > > The only working view is the month view all other views are empty.
> > >
> > > I have heard that there is problem with it. - That it is hidden in any
> > > way.
> > >
> > > I googled a lot, but I didn't find any solution for it.
> > >
> > > Debian Sqeuze (Testing)
> > > KDE 4.2.2
> >
> > Since Camilo says that (s)he has no problem, could it be layout?  IOW, is
> > the separator between panes where you would expect it?  Does pulling it
> > about change anything?
>
> The whole right part is grey and there are no panels anywhere. It just
> shows the calender names and the tabs "Merged Calender" and Calender Side
> by Side".
>
> Adding or Removing any calender or all doesn't no make any change.
>
> However, it must be a migration problem, because I removed the whole .kde
> directory and now surprise it works.
>
> But had to set all settings again and this isn't a very funny.

When you have problems like this it's not necessary to remove the whole .kde
directory.  If you're really paranoid, rename it so that you can recover
things later.  In this case, all you needed to do was to rename
~/.kde/share/config/korganizerrc.

> The interesting is that the migration to 4.1 was without any matter, but
> the last migration to 4.2.2.
>
> Maybe, this solution will help anybody.

I'm glad you got a solution.  Bear in mind for the future that renaming the
config file, and occasionally the matching application folder in
~/.kde/share/apps/ will usually sort the problem, leaving the rest of your
configs unchanged.

Anne