[kdepim-users] Self signed server certificate and kmail

Spiros Georgaras sng at hellug.gr
Sun Jun 14 19:34:10 BST 2009

Hi all

This is a problem I'm experiencing with kmail (v. 1.11.4) and one of my mail
service providers. I have set up kmai to check every 1 min for new messages on
this account

Some time ago, kmail started popping up this windows with a message:

The certificate authority's certificate is invalid
The root certificate authority's certificate is not trusted for this purpose
The certificate cannot be verified for internal reasons

When this happens,  I press "go on" (something like that, it's localized) and
then "Accept this certificate forever" or "Accept this certificate for the
current session only".

No matter what I press, the same window pops up again next time kmail checks
for new messages, and I have to do the same thing all over again, which is
really annoying...

I have already contacted my mail provider (it's a LUG here in Greece) and I
was told that this happens because their certificate is a self-signed one

My question is: is there a way to make kmail really "accept" this certificate
"for ever", and never bother me again with it in the future?

--
Regards
  Spiros

--