[kdepim-users] Fwd: Re: TNEF reader under KDE4

Johann Rohwer jr at sun.ac.za
Fri Jul 31 10:17:00 BST 2009

Bump...
Any comments?

Subject: Re: [kdepim-users] TNEF reader under KDE4
Date: Tuesday 28 July 2009
From: Johann Rohwer <jr at sun.ac.za>
To: kdepim-users at kde.org

On Monday 27 July 2009, Allen Winter wrote:
> KMail in KDE4 should handle TNEF attachments.
> If not, please file a bug.

How is this supposed to work? When I receive an email with a TNEF
attachment, this just gets displayed as "winmail.dat". When I click on
the attachment, I get the Open Attachment dialog with "Save As", "Open
With" and "Cancel". Clicking on "Open With" asks for an application -
and it is here that I previously always specified ktnef which is no
longer available now.

The attachments inside the TNEF (winmail.dat) are definitely not
displayed "transparently" - if that is what you are referring to. Is
there a setting somewhere that I am missing or is this a bug?

KMail 1.11.4
KDE 4.2.4
x86_64 architecture