[kdepim-users] Path (was: 20090723KP -- Copying KMail)

Martin Bernreuther MartinBern at web.de
Fri Jul 24 21:05:15 BST 2009

Am Freitag, 24. Juli 2009 schrieb Bruce MacArthur:
> The fully-qualified path-name is --
> /home/bruce/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail.
>
> I was in /home/bruce.
> That means that I could see the folder /.kde -- which had the remainder
> of the path logically "under" it.
>
> Am I confused myself, or did my poor choice of wording confuse those who
> know what is going on?

There's a difference between an absolute path and a relative path
(cmp. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_(computing) )
Both /home/bruce and /.kde are absolute paths.

If there are problems using the relative path (without the leading /),
using the absolute path (aka fully-qualified path-name) should also work!

Probably it's just a typo and you mean .kde instead of /.kde ...

Martin