[kdepim-users] slate.com/rss liferea works, kontact-feeds DOES NOT

Frank Osterfeld frank.osterfeld at gmx.de
Sun Feb 8 16:01:33 GMT 2009

On Friday 06 February 2009, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I'm going to ask this one more time. I just figured out that my
> slate.com/rss feed hasn't worked in Kontact since October. I tried deleting
> it and adding it, but it says the feed doesn't exist.
> I fired up lifera and updated slate.com and got lots of new items.
>
> SO, Kontact-feeds: slate.com/rss doesn't work.
> liferea: http://www.slate.com/rss WORKS FINE.

Cannot reproduce your problem with 4.1.2 nor trunk, but I have no 3.5.x setup
around to test it there. The "Doesn't exist" message on an RSS url (and not a
HTML url with feeds linked in it) usually means that Akregator couldn't parse
the feed, usually broken XML. Which often happens e.g. if there is an
unescaped "&" in the article text. Can you access the feed via konqueror?

Frank