[kdepim-users] slate.com/rss liferea works, kontact-feeds DOES NOT

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Feb 8 16:31:12 GMT 2009

On Sunday 08 February 2009, Frank Osterfeld wrote:
> On Friday 06 February 2009, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > I'm going to ask this one more time. I just figured out that my
> > slate.com/rss feed hasn't worked in Kontact since October. I tried
> > deleting it and adding it, but it says the feed doesn't exist.
> > I fired up lifera and updated slate.com and got lots of new items.
> >
> > SO, Kontact-feeds: slate.com/rss doesn't work.
> > liferea: http://www.slate.com/rss WORKS FINE.
>
> Cannot reproduce your problem with 4.1.2 nor trunk, but I have no
> 3.5.x setup around to test it there.

I cannot reproduce the problem with KDE 3.5.9 (i.e. the same version as
Paul).

> The "Doesn't exist" message on
> an RSS url (and not a HTML url with feeds linked in it) usually means
> that Akregator couldn't parse the feed, usually broken XML. Which
> often happens e.g. if there is an unescaped "&" in the article text.
> Can you access the feed via konqueror?

Is it possible that some locally cached files cause the problem? After I
added slate.com/rss a second time as feed to Akregator, Akregator still
knew which articles I had already read. Maybe it would help if Paul
removed those locally cached files and then re-added slate.com/rss as
feed.