[kdepim-users] Creating directory folders with kmail (disconnected IMAP)

Pavel Laskov pavel.laskov at first.fraunhofer.de
Wed Feb 11 08:55:15 GMT 2009

Hi,

is it possible to create directory folders using an disconnected IMAP client
in kmail? I am using KMail version 1.9.10 (KDE 3.5.10) with a UW server and
could only create file folders (i.e. for holding messages rather than
folders). When I tested a regular (online) IMAP client against the same
server, I was offered a prompt whether I wanted a folder to contain messages
or folders. For the dimap account, a message folder was created automatically
without any prompt. As a result, any attempt to create subfolders ended in
error messages a la "Cannot create folder; authorization failed". This
happened regardless of whether a folder was created online or offline.

Is this a bug or a feature? Or is it a problem with a specific version/server
combination?

Best regards from Germany,

  Pavel Laskov, Ph.D.

  Fraunhofer Institute FIRST IDA