[kdepim-users] Script hooks for Skype.

Constantinos Maltezos pandarsson at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 02:06:56 GMT 2009

On Wed February 18 2009 12:43:22 pm Brian J.K. Bowhan wrote:
> I am using Skype 2.0 on OpenSUSE.  My Basic contacts program is Kontact,
> and Id like to get a script that will allow me to click to call from that
> program.  I currently have 'skype --phone %N'.  That however, 1. doesn't
> foreward the phone number to Skype, 2.) Doesn't foreward the country ID to
> Skype, 3.) when Skype is already running, launches a new instance which
> causes conflicts.

I may be wrong, but I think that what you want done can't be done.  The Skype
people would have to include that functionality in Skype itself for Kontact to
communicate with it on that level.

If no one more knowledgeable disagrees, I'd suggest making a feature request
to Skype, though I kind of doubt they'd do it.