[kdepim-users] Getting rid of Group Header

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 16 16:30:00 GMT 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009 16:13:55 John Aldrich wrote:
> I have been fighting with KMail ever since the most recent upgrade to
> 1.11.0. I can't seem to get rid of the "Group Header" bar. I don't like it,
> I don't want it, and I want it GONE. I thought that by selecting "standard
> mailing list" I would be done with it, but even that setting leaves the
> "group header" bar intact. How in blazes do I get rid of that? I don't need
> it and I don't like it!
>
> And why is it hard-coded in there anyway??? Who's brilliant idea was it to
> add that?

As far as I know, nothing like that is hard-coded.  Calm down, John :-)  Try
this.

Have you found the Aggregation icon?  Second from the right after the search
bar.  Select Activity by Date, Threaded.  Then hit Configure.  On the Groups,
Threads and Sorting tab, set Groups to None.  Set Threading to Perfect by
Reference and Subject.  While you're there, see if there's anything else you
want to change.

The more options we have, the more we need complex ways of changing them.
Sad, but true.

Anne