[kdepim-users] kontact & xfce

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Mon Dec 28 01:19:36 GMT 2009

[ Comments below, in line ]

On Sunday 27 December 2009 at 8:05 pm, Art Alexion penned
about "Re: [kdepim-users] kontact & xfce"

> Werner, my info may be out of date, but if I understand correctly,
> if you run KDE apps under xfce or gnome, the KDE libs are loaded
> into memory in addition to any gnome or xfce apps.  So you get no
> performance benefit from running xfce if you are are going to use
> KDE apps.  In fact, you may be taxing your system more than just
> running KDE.

Hi Art,

The benefit I see with running Xfce is you get some of the
yet-to-be-released options in KDE 4.x  For example, rt-click, desktop
menus.  I don't see any performance difference between Xfce and KDE.
At least nothing measurable.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)