[kdepim-users] KMail and dictionaries

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Aug 18 13:54:41 BST 2009

On Tuesday 18 August 2009 12:13:49 Gene Heskett wrote:
> >>Config Kmail >  Identities,  select the identity, Modify  > Advanced and
> >>set the dictionary from there.
> >
> >Thank you thank you thank you!  This has been a PIMA since kde4.
>
> Unforch, by changing the dictionary option from Aussie to US English, I
> have now lost all quoting, and I have to copy/paste & hand edit to get the
> above. Smart Quoting is enabled.
>
> How can I restore that?
>
> Or have I found a bug?

I think it's coincidence.  I saw the same thing one evening last week.  It was
late, so I just shut down.  Next morning everything was fine again.

Having said that, on the netbook I only get quoting if I enable custom
templates.  I don't have to do anything fancy, no setting up a new template or
anything, but it seems to need to be enabled.  I guess this *is* a bug, but
since it doesn't happen on this laptop while running the same versions of
everything I don't see how I can post any useful bug report.

Anne