[kdepim-users] KMail and dictionaries

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Aug 18 16:47:50 BST 2009

On Tuesday 18 August 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:

>> >Thank you thank you thank you!  This has been a PIMA since kde4.
>>
>> Unforch, by changing the dictionary option from Aussie to US English, I
>> have now lost all quoting, and I have to copy/paste & hand edit to get
>> the above. Smart Quoting is enabled.
>>
>> How can I restore that?
>>
>> Or have I found a bug?
>
>I think it's coincidence.  I saw the same thing one evening last week.  It
> was late, so I just shut down.  Next morning everything was fine again.
>
>Having said that, on the netbook I only get quoting if I enable custom
>templates.  I don't have to do anything fancy, no setting up a new template
> or anything, but it seems to need to be enabled.  I guess this *is* a bug,
> but since it doesn't happen on this laptop while running the same versions
> of everything I don't see how I can post any useful bug report.
>
>Anne

As you can see above, clicking on the "use custom templates" box so its
checked, seems to have restored that, so now its back to the default settings
regarding greetings that it used before I switched the dictionaries.

Go figure Anne, but it seems strangely like a bug to me when changing the
default dictionary erases all the other settings including the .sig lines,
which for me are a file regenerated every 5 minutes by a cron job so the
fortune changes.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Hey, what do you expect from a culture that *drives* on *parkways* and
*parks* on *driveways*?
		-- Gallagher