[kdepim-users] 20090804KP -- Wallet Password At Shut-Down?

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Mon Aug 10 05:35:37 BST 2009

On Sunday 09 August 2009 04:30, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 08 August 2009 21:55:49 Bruce MacArthur wrote:
> > On Saturday 08 August 2009 03:11, Martin Koller wrote:
> > It happens always.
> >
> > > Does KWallet allow kmail to access the wallet always or what's
> > > the policy (check inside kwalletmanager) ?
> >
> > I have never had reason to use (or to set up!) KWallet.  Therefore,
> > I would assume that all settings are default settings.
>
> KWallet is not set up by default.  It gets setup if you reply 'yes'
> to a question about whether to save a password.
>
> I have no idea why kmail seems to be trying to access the wallet, but
> you may find out by setting some controls on the wallet.
>
> You need kwalletmanager.  Can you see a wallet in your system-tray?
> I so, clicking on it will start the manager.  If not, you should be
> able to start it from the menu.  Highlight the wallet, > Settings >
> Configure Wallet.  You could disable it, as Shaggy Wolf suggests, but
> before you do I'd suggest that you try changing to one of the Close
> Wallet options.
>
> If you for the wallet to close in one of those circumstances, when an
> application requires the wallet you will get a popup asking for the
> wallet password.  At least then you will know whether it's really
> kmail, or something else, that is trying to launch the wallet.
>
> Anne

Hello, Anne --

The only options that I have YET seen are where-all to display the
wallet; I have NOT yet seen anything to manage its settings.  With your
comments (especially about the separate and distinct manager!), I will
revisit the issue shortly and let you know what I find.  I "might" have
said "yes" to something unwisely, but I really do not recall the event.
THAT may be more a function of my forgettery rather than of facts!

--
布鲁&#26031  麦克阿&#29791
Bruce   Mac Arthur
     bmacasuru at fastmail.us