[kdepim-users] 20090804KP -- Wallet Password At Shut-Down?

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Mon Aug 10 10:33:41 BST 2009

On Monday 10 August 2009 05:35:37 Bruce MacArthur wrote:
> > You need kwalletmanager.  Can you see a wallet in your system-tray?
> > I so, clicking on it will start the manager.  If not, you should be
> > able to start it from the menu.  Highlight the wallet, > Settings >
> > Configure Wallet.  You could disable it, as Shaggy Wolf suggests, but
> > before you do I'd suggest that you try changing to one of the Close
> > Wallet options.
> >
> > If you for the wallet to close in one of those circumstances, when an
> > application requires the wallet you will get a popup asking for the
> > wallet password.  At least then you will know whether it's really
> > kmail, or something else, that is trying to launch the wallet.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Hello, Anne --
>
> The only options that I have YET seen are where-all to display the
> wallet; I have NOT yet seen anything to manage its settings.  With your
> comments (especially about the separate and distinct manager!), I will
> revisit the issue shortly and let you know what I find.  I "might" have
> said "yes" to something unwisely, but I really do not recall the event.
> THAT may be more a function of my forgettery rather than of facts!

Any application that needs the wallet will ask for the password, and start
kwalletmanager, putting in icon in your system tray.  If that icon is not
there you can start it manually, either from the kickoff menu or from konsole
or krunner.  Both the kickoff menu and krunner (alt-F2, or right-click on the
desktop and 'Run Command' should find it for you if you type 'wallet' in the
search-box.  When you have the icon in the system-tray, click on it to open
the manager.  Hope that helps

Anne