[kdepim-users] receiving HTML messages in KMail

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Sat Aug 15 04:02:55 BST 2009

On Friday 14 August 2009 09:23:59 pm Louis Hinman wrote:
> I am running KMail 1.9.10 in KDE 3.5.10, which is standard in
Slackware 12.2.
> (I hear that the next release of Slackware will have KDE 4.*.)
>
> I see in the KMail Handbook under 3. "Using KMail" there is a
> section "Creating HTML Messages".  However, I can't find the
instructions on
> how to *read* an HTML message that I have received.  When I get
an HTML
> message, I can see the HTML source code in the Message Preview
Panel of the
> Main Window of KMail, but where does it tell you how to invoke the
HTML
> interpreter on the source code?
>
> Thanks & Best Regards,
> Lou
> New York City
Hello, Lou --
I think that you can go to KMail --> Configure KMail --> Security -->
Reading and check the item "Prefer HTML to plain text".  Please be
sure to notice the "WARNING" and the hyper-links provided in  that
paragraph; this topic CAN be VERY important to you -- depending
upon your relationship with the TRUE source of the message!!!

If this does NOT do the trick, please post again -- and let us know
what has happened when you tried it.  I certainly hope that this solves
your momentary problem!  (I would also strongly suggest that, if you
use this device, un-check the same item as soon as you have read
the message that you want to see.)

Bruce   Mac Arthur
15875 Switzer
Overland Park, KS  66221