[kdepim-users] 20090804KP -- Wallet Password At Shut-Down?

Bruce MacArthur bmacasuru at fastmail.us
Tue Aug 4 22:43:06 BST 2009

20090804:145400-Tue

Greetings --

I am (mostly!) running Kubuntu Jaunty and the standard kde 4.2.2.

When I choose to shut-down or reboot the computer, I get the regular
30-second warning -- and usually just OK it.  The screen goes black for
a moment, and then presents the most peculiar dialogue that i could
imagine!  The title-bar says "KDE Wallet Service".  The message
declares that --

The application 'KMail' has requested
the wallet 'kdewallet'. Please enter the
password for this wallet below.

Password {single-line text-box}
     {button "Open"}     {button "Cancel"}

When I wait about 15 seconds or so, it closes by itself and the
shut-down continues normally.  Alternatively, I can single-left-click
on the "Cancel" button, and the shut-down is expedited slightly.

I could easily understand such a dialogue upon start-up of the system or
upon start-up of KMail.  I do NOT understand it at shut-down time!  I
consider this to be (1) MOST peculiar and (2) a VERY minor irritant.

I would like to request an explanation (if such exists!) and any
information about supressing this to-me irrelevant step in the
shut-down process.  Many thanks for any information possible!

--
布鲁&#26031  麦克阿&#29791
Bruce   Mac Arthur
     bmacasuru at fastmail.us