[kdepim-users] 20090804KP -- Wallet Password At Shut-Down?

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Thu Aug 6 05:40:31 BST 2009

On Tuesday 04 August 2009 2:43:06 pm Bruce MacArthur wrote:
> 20090804:145400-Tue
>
> Greetings --
>
> I am (mostly!) running Kubuntu Jaunty and the standard kde 4.2.2.
>
> When I choose to shut-down or reboot the computer, I get the regular
> 30-second warning -- and usually just OK it.  The screen goes black for
> a moment, and then presents the most peculiar dialogue that i could
> imagine!  The title-bar says "KDE Wallet Service".  The message
> declares that --
>
> The application 'KMail' has requested
> the wallet 'kdewallet'. Please enter the
> password for this wallet below.
>
> Password {single-line text-box}
>      {button "Open"}     {button "Cancel"}
>
> When I wait about 15 seconds or so, it closes by itself and the
> shut-down continues normally.  Alternatively, I can single-left-click
> on the "Cancel" button, and the shut-down is expedited slightly.
>
> I could easily understand such a dialogue upon start-up of the system or
> upon start-up of KMail.  I do NOT understand it at shut-down time!  I
> consider this to be (1) MOST peculiar and (2) a VERY minor irritant.
>
> I would like to request an explanation (if such exists!) and any
> information about supressing this to-me irrelevant step in the
> shut-down process.  Many thanks for any information possible!

My only solution was to delete kwallet from my system.  Cleared up several
other nasty little problems as well.  BTW- I remodeled the Dillard's store in
your fine city!!  Enjoyed our time there.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403