[kdepim-users] KMail and dictionaries

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Aug 18 22:20:58 BST 2009

On Tuesday 18 August 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 17 August 2009 22:50:44 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> >
> > Locale? Do you refer to the KDE wide settings of the spellchecker?
>
> Yes

> > > Hmm - shouldn't have missed that.  Every identity was set to
> > > Australian dictionary!  How odd!  Still, fixed now, thanks.
> >
> > Is the Australian dictionary the first one in the list?
>
> Hmm - yes it is.  I'm only offered English dictionaries (presumably
> due to global settings?) and Australia is the first one.
>
> > Which dictionary is used if you create a new identity? In my
> > opinion, the dictionary specified in the KDE wide spellchecker
> > settings should be used by default for new identities.
>
> I've just checked, and it does get the UK one, so the fault is
> probably down to using identities created in earlier versions.   No
> big deal, and proabably not affecting most people.

I guess the names of the dictionaries changed and thus the dictionaries
set in older identities could not be found in the list of dictionaries.
IMO in this case KMail should use the default dictionary defined KDE
wide settings of the spellchecker. This does not seem to be the case. I
suggest writing a bug report for this.