[kdepim-users] contacts and calendar items dissapeared

Adrian Dusa dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 12:20:01 BST 2009

Dear Anne,

Thanks for your reply, I will answer below:

On Tuesday 07 April 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
> [...]
> Which version of kontact are you using?

It is 1.4.2 (I believe the latest version since I don't get any sign for
upgrading this package in Synaptic).
BTW, I use Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid.

> Check ~/.kde (or .kde4)/share/apps/kabc looking for std.vcf.  The numbered
> files there are backup ones, is of std.vcf is blank, rename std.vcf_1.
> Similarly, check the korganizer folder for std.ics.  This does not
> automatically backup, so it is wise to use your own backup solution for
> this.

The files are there, and so is std.ics.
The trouble is I can not even create an event in Calendat, it throws back an
error "No resource available" (something I discovered later, after posting
here).
I Googled for this error, it seems that there's an issue with the latest KDE
upgrades (I use KDE 4), but in all posts they say after reboot everything is
back to normal. A bug that has been opened was closed precisely for this
reason, but it doesn't seem to be my case.
Other posts indicate changing the permissions to both kde/ and kde4/, which I
did with chmod -R 777, and I did progress but ony with my contacts which are
now back in the place.
The calendar is still empty, and I cannot create any event because of that
error (again, the std.ics file is where it should be and it has the file
permissions modified).

So I'm kind of stuck now, should I open a bug report?

> [...]
> Hope that helps

Thanks very much indeed,
Adrian