[kdepim-users] KMail problem or configuration problem?

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Sun Sep 14 17:24:58 BST 2008

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 16:53:07 +0100, you wrote:

Hi Anne,

>Hi Brian.  I'm so glad that you got it sorted in the end.  It's very odd, and
>I can't imagine how that subtree got created, but at least you know the
>situation now.

I think it has something to do with all the wrestling I was doing with
the Thunderbird import routines (see earlier posting). Something
obviously went pear-shaped during one of the imports. I suppose it
could have been the Claws imports instead, but they seemed to work OK.
I can't tell for sure, because I moved the imported tree one the
routines had finished.

>From what you are saying I presume that the subtree was definitely not
>required, and that you now have decent access to all your data.

Yes, the response time is back to something acceptable, and "all" I
have to do now is to try to get some sense into the structure of the
stuff that I did import, then bring over the messages that I want to
keep from Agent, and re-create all my filters. Hopefully this will be
the last change of mailer that I will do for some while, and it's one
less Windows program to depend upon.

Brian.