[kdepim-users] Seperate 'sets' of mail boxes

Peter777 peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 19 06:08:10 GMT 2008

Hi,

Forget the reply to Jurian.

> On Wednesday 18 November 2008 Jurian wrote:
> You have not explained why you want your email boxes configured that way.

There is over 700Mb in total using Pegasus. I wouldn't even like to guess how
many folders there are, possibly more than 500 at least. There is absolutely
no relationship/bearing that one mail box 'set' has on another 'set', they
are completely different in their usage and the heirarchy, etc, etc.

It is extremely convenient to split hundreds of folders into a 'set', for
example

set1 - friends
set2 - business
etc,etc

Also, I have actually seen posts about KMail having problems with large email
boxes. I don't know if that is true, but many of these folders are
considerable size, and it is nothing for one folder to contain 4,000 emails.

So, I would prefer to keep the structure seperated, into email box sets.

> Your  first question was how to place the mail somewhere else at the file
> system.  It's no problem to configure it like that,

I can't get it to work though.

> but don't expect to have support for a very rare and unusual preference!

It sounds technically possible , if the 'config' parm works, to simply have a
different config file for each email box 'set'. I would only ever have one
instance of KMail running.

In effect, I'm simply trying to use 2 features that are already present within
KMail.

Thanks,

Peter