[kdepim-users] Using Jounal in Kontact

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 16 19:11:11 GMT 2008

On Sunday 16 November 2008 14:25:56 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Sunday 16 November 2008, Mike Arthur wrote:
> > On Saturday 15 November 2008 18:56:11 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > Is there any documentation anywhere about using Journal?  Apart
> > > from the blog about using Journal to blog - which says that if I
> > > click on the Journal icon I will be able to view my journal
> > > entries.  I've highlighted yesterday, when I know I made an entry.
> > > Nothing is visible, so I'm beginning to wonder whether my entries
> > > have been saved at all.
> >
> > The Journal view is in a bit of a state. I've tried to improve it but
> > I still think it needs some work.
> >
> > The main confusing thing is that the journals don't show up anywhere
> > except in the journal view.
> >
> > Any ideas/feedback/help would be very welcome.
>
> I'd say a list of the journals similar to KMail's message list (or any
> other lists of similar items) would be useful.

Yes indeed, that would be a great help.  It could be either in the main
Journal window like KMail's or in the Summary - though there you'd probably
have to be able to configure a date range.  Actually, if that could be done it
would be very useful.  Take, for example, writing quarterly reports....
Imagine being able to bring up a list of journal entries.

But then again, if they are to be sortable by tags, I guess the KMail option
is probably best.

Just thinking aloud :-)  Journal is something I've only just started to
explore.

Anne

Anne

Anne